Working with the ASA
DCSA provides representation for DC anesthesiologists with the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) leadership and on key ASA committees. DCSA also works with ASA on outreach programs for congressional aides on health matters.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists is an educational, research and scientific association of physicians organized to raise and maintain the standards of the medical practice of anesthesiology and improve the care of the patient.
Since its founding in 1905, the Society's achievements have made it an important voice in American medicine and the foremost advocate for all patients who require anesthesia or relief from pain.
Furthermore, ASA encourages specialization in the field of anesthesiology and hopes to increase the availability of anesthesiologists in the District of Columbia.
What are the goals of DCSA?
- Encourage D.C. anesthesiology residents' participation in research and presentations
- Advocate for anesthesiologists and our patients
- Work closely with the Medical Society of the District of Columbia on tort reform and other matters affecting the practice of medicine in the District of Columbia
- Provide representation for DC anesthesiologists with the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) leadership and on key ASA committees
- Establish a working relationship with the DC Board of Medicine
- Establish a working relationship with the DC Council
- Work with ASA on outreach programs for congressional aids on health matters
- Work with the print, radio and television media
- Encourage DCSA members to join MSDC
- Help residents find jobs in the metropolitan area