1. Active - $250 - Anesthesiologists actively practicing in the District of Columbia
2. Government/Military - $125 - member of a government or military entity
3. Retired - $0 - retired from practice in the District of Columbia
4. Resident - $25 - currently in a residency program
5. Associate - $125 - anesthesia professionals and those anesthesiologists in the neighboring states interested in promoting the mission of and participating in the activities of DCSA.
Membership does have benefits. Here are some of the benefits of being a member of DCSA:
- local educational meetings
- free ACLS courses with CME credits
- social events to introduce residents to the D.C. anesthesiologist community
- Sponsorship of a D.C. resident to attend the annual ASA Legislative Conference
- Annual dinner with the ASA President or President-Elect as guest speaker. Hear current issues facing anesthesiologists nationally and have the opportunity the voice your concerns with the president.
- Representation at the ASA's Annual Meeting in the House of Delegates, which insures DCSA's voice in D.C. and national decisions in organized medicine. DCSA's membership levels must continue to grow to assure an adequate number of delegates and strong representation.
- ASA House of Delegates Reference Committee Hearings provide all DCSA members with the opportunity to express their views and recommendations on issues before the committees to be presented to the House for action and adoption.
MAINTENANCE OF OTHER MEMBERSHIPS
Required Membership of American Society of Anesthesiologists.
Each active, resident and affiliate member of this Society shall be required to maintain membership in the active, resident and affiliate categories, respectively, of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Inc.
Active and resident members of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Inc., upon transfer of their location of principal professional activities to the District of Columbia, shall make written application for membership in this Society within ninety days thereafter.
Failure to Maintain Another Membership.
Upon receipt of written notice from the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Inc., that a member of this Society is not a member of such organization, the Secretary of this Society shall give written notice to such member that he or she will be dropped from membership in this Society unless he or she regains membership and gives evidence thereof to the Secretary.
Upon receipt of notice after the grace period from such organization that a member of this Society has been dropped or expelled from membership in such organization, the Secretary shall drop such member from the membership rolls of this Society and shall notify him thereof.